Recipe by riffraff
I adopted this recipe. Here is the original poster's description: This will yield perfect rice. You can , of course add other things to your rice if you wish. Dried cranberries or raisins work well.
- 1⁄2 cup minced shallots or 1⁄2 cup onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked rice (long grain white, basmati or jasmine)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth or 1 (15 ounce) can chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a saute pan with straight sides with a tight fitting lid.
- Saute onion or shallot in butter until soft, Add uncooked rice and saute, stirring for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, cover and put into oven for 16 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid, fluff with a fork and serve.
- Note recipe can be doubled.