1/2 Photos of Perfect Rice Everytime
I adopted this recipe. Here is the original poster's description: This will yield perfect rice. You can , of course add other things to your rice if you wish. Dried cranberries or raisins work well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Use a saute pan with straight sides with a tight fitting lid.
- 3Saute onion or shallot in butter until soft, Add uncooked rice and saute, stirring for 3 - 4 minutes.
- 4Add chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- 5Bring to a boil, cover and put into oven for 16 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven and let sit covered for 10 minutes.
- 7Remove lid, fluff with a fork and serve.
- 8Note recipe can be doubled.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Rice Everytime
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.6
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 1388.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 12.2 g