Recipe by ajena's kitchen
I found this one on the back of a bag of long grain rice some time ago, and have used it ever since. It always comes out perfect,and I can be doing something else while it is cooking. Plain, or with your own herbs and spices, this will probably become a staple in your kitchen as it has ours!
Top Review by katia
I loved it! It was so easy and fast. I also used basmatti rice and halfed the butter, and I also added a dash of salt. It was cooked in 7 minutes in full power and 10 in the 50% power. I don't now maybe my microwave oven is stronger or the rice different? But I loved, I sometimes really enjoy a plain white rice, and this cooking method is so fast. Thanks, Ajena! Made for PAC Spring 2007.
Directions See How It's Made
- Place three cups uncooked rice in a large microwave safe bowl. Using cold water, rinse the rice until the water runs clear.
- I use a small spoon to swirl the rice in the water. Once the water is clear, drain the rice.
- Add 6 cups fresh water to the rice, and the butter if using. Add any additional seasonings of your choice.
- Microwave uncovered full power(100%) for 15 minutes. Do not remove bowl from oven. Microwave uncovered at 50% power an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove bowl from oven. Cover and let stand an additional 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.