Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
You can't go wrong with this method.
Make and share this Perfect Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Firstly wash the rice well.
- Generally 1oz for each person.
- Use twice as much water in volume as rice.
- Boil once, stir then put on a tight lid and LEAVE it, don't open the lid and it will steam cooked and will be ready when you are, when you have cooked everything else.
- Its lovely to add saffron at the end when you take the lid off as this will bleed into the rice.
I will agree with you on this one. It certainly works for white rice such as basmati. The rule here for the water is enough to cover the rice and up to the first knuckle if you put your finger in the water. My Chinese flatmate worked on this rule at University and her rice was always perfect.
This is how I always make my white rice and it works like a charm! For my family of four, I use 2 cups rice, 4 cups water, about 1 T. butter and 1/2 t salt. I place everything in the saucepan, bring to a boil, stir once. I cover the pot, reduce the heat to "low" and let it simmer for 10 minutes WITHOUT removing the lid! Perfect everytime! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This method truly did make absolutely perfect white rice! Sue D.'s more detailed instructions in the comments really helped more than those attached to the recipe, but I am still giving it 5 stars. I always seem to under- or over-cook rice, so this is great! Thanks so much for sharing!