Recipe by ann teapot
You can't go wrong with this method.
Top Review by Missy Wombat
I will agree with you on this one. It certainly works for white rice such as basmati. The rule here for the water is enough to cover the rice and up to the first knuckle if you put your finger in the water. My Chinese flatmate worked on this rule at University and her rice was always perfect.
Directions See How It's Made
- Firstly wash the rice well.
- Generally 1oz for each person.
- Use twice as much water in volume as rice.
- Boil once, stir then put on a tight lid and LEAVE it, don't open the lid and it will steam cooked and will be ready when you are, when you have cooked everything else.
- Its lovely to add saffron at the end when you take the lid off as this will bleed into the rice.