Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
You'll never want to spend the money on a rice cooker after trying this recipe. It is so easy I never thought it would work. But it makes perfect, fluffy Basmati (or Jasmine or long grain white rice). You cook the rice like you would pasta. Yea, it's that simple.
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Add rice (and salt, if using) and stir. Bring back to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes partially covered, stirring once.
- Drain water well and place back into warm pan, Cover and let sit OFF HEAT until ready to serve. I wait at least 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
- If using an electric stove, you may need to use 2 burners to reduce the heat to a simmer more quickly (one for high temperature, one for medium-low or low).
- Makes plain, fluffy rice. Adjust seasonings as you wish. (Salt, chicken stock, saffron, raisins, almonds etc.).
- Times are for 10 minute cook and 10 minute rest.