Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Traditional pumpkin soup recipe with a modern twist...
- 1 medium butternut pumpkin, skin and seeds removed, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon mild curry powder
- salt and black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup fresh cream
- chili powder, if desired
- Chop pumpkin, potatoes into decent sized pieced and roughly chop the onion.
- Place pumpkin, potatoes, onion, curry powder and stock in a large slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for several hours until vegetables are tender. 2-3 hours on high or 4-5 hours on low
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
- Using a food processor or stick blender, process until smooth.
- Stir through the cream and chilli powder (if desired).
- Warm the soup through again, season to taste and serve.