Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The one and only! EAGLE BRAND makes this traditional dessert the perfect ending to a Thanksgiving feast.
- 1. Preheat oven to 425*F. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes.
- 2. Reduce oven temperature to 350*F. and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean. Cool. Garnish as desired. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
- My Note: This is an easy tip and makes a big difference in taste - in a medium pan over low heat, heat up the canned pumpkin puree, spices, and salt. Heating the pumpkin puree up takes out the "canned" taste of the pumpkin and melds the spices together nicely. Then, pour the mixture out into another bowl, and let it cool a bit before adding the condensed milk and eggs. This little change makes the pumpkin taste much fresher! My family loves this recipe, and I use a ready-made graham cracker crust.
- A suggestion is to let the pie cool on the oven rack, because it cools more slowly that way. If you take it out onto the kitchen counter, the filling sometimes cracks because of the cold air.
- My wife Tips: I did not use the ginger nor the nutmeg; instead I added 2 teaspoons of "McCormik's Pumpkin Pie Spice" (which includes: Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, and Allspice), along with the 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. My wife loved it but she thought it needed more cinnamon. So I made the next one with 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and she loved it. If you like a lot of cinnamon, that's the way to go. For me, I preferred 1 teaspoon, but I'd eat it either way. Thanks EAGLE BRAND, I do make two pies.