Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from Canadian Living and it is the best pumpkin pie ever; I promise you.
Make and share this Perfect Pumpkin Pie recipe from Food.com.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out half the dough and line a 9” pie plate. Set aside. Roll out remaining dough and cut small maple leaf shapes with cookie cutter.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes, both crust and cut outs. In medium bowl, beat eggs lightly, add pumpkin, sugar, spices and salt; mix well. Blend in cream.
- Pour mixture in prepared pie shell.
- Bake pie and cut outs 15 minutes in a preheated 425°F oven.
- Remove cut-outs, reduce heat to 350°F and bake 45 minutes more or until knife inserted in filling comes out clean. Let cool and garnish with cut-outs.
- Serve with whipped cream.
- We always pour some corn syrup on our pumpkin pie.