Recipe by BecR
A simplified & delicious version of 'Libby's Famous Pumpkin Pie'. Courtesy Eagle Brand.
Top Review by Trying to be Trim
This is the recipe I have been using for year. I often get asked for the recipe. The sweetened condensed milk is what makes this so good. Much better than the traditional Libby's recipe that many people make. Give it a try, yo will not be disappointed!
- 425.24 g can pumpkin (2 cups)
- 396.89 g caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml salt
- 9 inch prepared unbaked pie shells (I use Dad's Mazola No-Roll Pie/Pastry Shell)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Whisk pumpkin, Eagle Brand, eggs, spices and salt until smooth.
- Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean.
- Cool. Garnish as desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
- NOTE: as per Libby's Famous Pumpkin Pie (recipe is printed on the back of Libby's Pumpkin can), you may prefer to slightly alter the spices to: 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, and 1/8 teaspoon cloves (no ginger) for one pie so be sure to double amounts for two pies.