Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A simplified & delicious version of 'Libby's Famous Pumpkin Pie'. Courtesy Eagle Brand.
Make and share this Perfect Pumpkin Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (2 cups)
- 1 (14 ounce) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) prepared unbaked pie shells (I use Dad's Mazola No-Roll Pie/Pastry Shell)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Whisk pumpkin, Eagle Brand, eggs, spices and salt until smooth.
- Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean.
- Cool. Garnish as desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
- NOTE: as per Libby's Famous Pumpkin Pie (recipe is printed on the back of Libby's Pumpkin can), you may prefer to slightly alter the spices to: 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, and 1/8 teaspoon cloves (no ginger) for one pie so be sure to double amounts for two pies.
This is the recipe I have been using for year. I often get asked for the recipe. The sweetened condensed milk is what makes this so good. Much better than the traditional Libby's recipe that many people make. Give it a try, yo will not be disappointed!
I believe this recipe makes the perfect pumpkin pie. The creaminess far exceeds normal pumpkin pie. That said for our pie my daughter used some fresh pumpkin that she had frozen in culinary arts class. The texture was not as creamy as with the canned pumpkin. Next time I would only make with canned pumpkin. The wonderful creaminess is not be passed up. Made for Holiday PRMR.
Yummy! I wanted a pumpkin pie, but I didn't have evaporated milk. This one fit the bill! It was so easy, and I loved that it didn't call for cloves. I think nutmeg fits so much better. This is smooth and fluffy when baked up. Thanks for posting a great recipe!