Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use Devils' Food Cupcakes as the base of this great butter cream frosting an cake toppers!
- 24 prepared devils' food cupcakes (cooled)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 package spangler circus peanuts
- 10 green gumdrops
- While your cupcakes are cooling, make your frosting. Mix together sugar and butter on low-speed.
- Increase the speed to med. and beat for about 3 minute.
- Add vanilla and heavy cream, then beat on med. for another minute Add more milk if necessary. Frost cupcakes once cooled.
- For the pumpkin topper:.
- Take a Circus Peanut and cut it in half.
- Take one of the halves and roll in your hand until round and smooth. Using a toothpick, make vertical lines on the "pumpkin," mimicking the ridges on a pumpkin.
- Next, cut a piece from a green gumdrop and place on top of your pumpkin to create the stem. Place your pumpkins on top of each cupcake. The frosting will keep the pumpkin in place.