Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe that I make for my father to take to work with him. All his co-workers love these and have grown to expect them at least once a quarter. They are very moist, perfectly sweet and spicy, and just the right size for a mid morning snack.
- 2 eggs
- 395.10 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 425.24 g can pumpkin puree
- 177.44 ml vegetable oil
- 177.44 ml apricot nectar
- 236.59 ml pastry flour (this can be substituted with all-purpose, but be more gentle while stirring so as not to create to m)
- 414.03-473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 7.39-9.85 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 4.92 ml salt
- 158.51 ml flour
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 158.51 ml ground pecans
- 2.46 ml salt
- 88.74 ml butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line mini muffin pan with paper (or foil) liners.
- For Muffin Batter:.
- Sift together both flours, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla with whisk attachment on stand-up mixer on medium for 2 minutes or until pale yellow.
- Add pumpkin, veg oil, and nectar and whisk on low until just combined.
- Fold in dry ingredients until just combined. Set aside.
- For Strudel Topping:.
- Combined first four ingredients.
- Cut in the butter with pastry cutter or fingers until crumby.
- For Muffins:.
- Fill lined mini muffin tins 3/4 to the top with batter then fill to the top with strudel topping.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool and EAT!