Recipe by National Pork Board
Talk about tasty! These Perfect Pulled Pork sandwiches are so simple, tender and amazingly juicy, they’re sure to satisfy your craving for delicious. Courtesy of the National Pork Board
Top Review by j.tyger
By far the best pulled pork we've ever had. I held back on the thyme but added a little more pepper. Put the shreeded pork back in the water and added another cup to keep it really moist. Use your choice of sauce on your sandwhich. Phenominal!
- 1 (5 lb) boneless pork butt (shoulder)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 16 -20 soft sandwich buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the seasonings in a small bowl and rub evenly over roast. Place meat in a 6-quart slow cooker. Add water. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 4-5 hours or until pork is very tender.
- Remove pork to a large cutting board or platter and let rest for 10-15 minutes. Pull, slice or chop to serve. Serve in buns with barbecue sauce.