Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Talk about tasty! These Perfect Pulled Pork sandwiches are so simple, tender and amazingly juicy, they’re sure to satisfy your craving for delicious. Courtesy of the National Pork Board
- 1 (5 lb) boneless pork butt (shoulder)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 16 -20 soft sandwich buns
- Combine all the seasonings in a small bowl and rub evenly over roast. Place meat in a 6-quart slow cooker. Add water. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 4-5 hours or until pork is very tender.
- Remove pork to a large cutting board or platter and let rest for 10-15 minutes. Pull, slice or chop to serve. Serve in buns with barbecue sauce.
By far the best pulled pork we've ever had. I held back on the thyme but added a little more pepper. Put the shreeded pork back in the water and added another cup to keep it really moist. Use your choice of sauce on your sandwhich. Phenominal!