Cook3 hrs 30 mins
This a combined recipe from a meat market and friend. It turns out just right every time. Why waste time in a restaurant for this!
- Let roast come to room temperature, rub roast with seasonings.
- Place roast, bone side down, in shallow roasting pan, but do not cover.
- Add a small amount of water to pan.
- Insert meat thermometer, not touching any bone.
- Sear roast at 500°F for 15 minutes.
- DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR!
- Turn temperature down to 350°F.
- Cook approximately 20 minutes per pound.
- Medium 150-160°F.
- Well 170-180°F.
- Allow roast to sit for 15 minutes after removing from the oven, then slice.