1/13 Photos of Perfect Prime Rib
5 hrs 10 mins
Lightly Toasted's Note:
This is my "tradmark" Christmas Eve Dinner. DH won't even order prime rib in a restaurant anymore, because he prefers mine. Its a super easy recipe, great for dinner parties, but DO NOT alter cooking times or directions. And DO NOT carve until just before serving. Here NEEDS a clarification!!! The salt is only intended to produce a shell to keep the moisture in. It's not intended to be consumed unless of course you like extremely salty foods. AFTER the roast has rested for 15 mins. Lightly scrape the salt away but not so much that you remove all the seasonings
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine seasonings, and rub into roast.
- 2Let sit while oven preheats to 375.
- 3Place roast in broiling pan, fat side up or bone side up.
- 4Bake for 45 minutes.
- 5Turn oven off, DO NOT OPEN OVEN.
- 6One hour before serving, turn oven back on 45 minutes.
- 7Take rib out, LET STAND FOR 15 MINUTES.
- 8This is VERY important, it allows the juices to distribute.
- 9Do not carve "ahead of time", either. Scrape off the salt "shell." The meat directly underneath that will be very salty, but that's usually the fatty part that no one eats, anyways. The rest of it will be fine, I PROMISE!
- 10Serve with au jus and horseradish sauce.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Prime Rib
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 17.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5661.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prime rib roast