3 hrs 30 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
From Costco magazine/Christopher Kimball/America's Test Kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 lbs first-cut beef rib roast, 3 ribs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1Let roast set at room temperature 3 hours.
- 2Using kitchen twine parallel to the bone, tie roast at both ends to keep outer layer from pulling away and overcooking.
- 3Adjust oven rack to lowest position and preheat to 200. (yes, 200).
- 4Pat roast dry with paper towels.
- 5Heat oil in large pan over 2 burners set at medium-high. Place roast in pan and cook on all sides until nicely browned and about 1/2 cup of fat has been rendered, 6-8 minutes.
- 6Remove roast from pan. Spoon off fat from pan. Set wire rack in pan, then set roast on rack. Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Place roast in oven and roast until meat registers 125 (medium-rare) about 3 1/2 hours (30 minutes per pound),
- 8Let rest about 20 minutes.
- 9Transfer to carving board and carve; serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Prime Rib
Serving Size: 1 (1 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 20.0
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef rib roast