Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This yummy recipe was submitted by Sheamilr on Allrecipes.com. It's simple and quick and gets its delicious flavor from packets of dry Italian salad dressing mix, dry Ranch dressing mix and brown gravy mix.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 lbs beef chuck roast
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (1 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker over medium-high heat with the lid open. Brown the meat on al sides in the hot oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Italian and Ranch salad dressings and the gravy mix. Sprinkle them evenly over the roast. Pour in the beef broth and add the chopped onion.
- Seal and lock pressure cooker and cook over high heat to build pressure until the indicator sounds. Turn heat down to medium and cook for 45 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Run under cold water to help release the pressure before unsealing the lid. You can use the juices as an au jus, or thicken with flour or cornstarch to make a yummy gravy.
Absolutely wonderful!! My husband especially liked this and my 2 1/2 yr old Granddaughter decided to just make herself at home and eat dinner with us tonight! The only difference I made was to peel and quarter about 5 medium potatoes and add them to the roast after the initial 45 minutes. I depressurized, added the potato pieces and cooked for about 10 - 15 minutes. Thank you, Crafty Lady!!! I'll be making this one regularly!