Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
A delicately spiced prawn, with just that zing that brings the flavor alive, so easy to prepare. Serve with simple salads so that the prawns are the centre of attraction.
- 14 big king prawns, green (raw)
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- Shell raw prawns. Heat olive oil and butter in a non stick frypan, add crushed garlic clove and the sambal ulek, while still cool to allow everything to be mixed without cooking.
- Heat oil and add the prawns; stir constantly for 3-4 minutes serve with simple salads.
- This recipe does not work with pre cooked prawns.
Lovely recipe! I did have a problem - I thought I had Sambal oelek but no way, all I had was Sambal Setan. Turned out SUPER Good. The prawns I used were Black prawns and they do not color as well as our recular ones . They taste super!
Easy to follow instructions and they were so quick to prepare. I used my chili garlic sauce and still used both garlic cloves. I cheated and added another tablespoon of butter. This recipe is a keeper! I served it with a tossed salad, Green Feta Dip 271379 and crusty bread.
Wow were these little babies good. We really enjoyed this quick and easy to make dish JoyfulCook. The prawns were perfectly cooked, spicy, tender and juicy. I loved that this recipe uses ingredients that I always have in the pantry. I did use two tsps of the sambal oelek as we like our prawns spicy. Served over basmati rice and garnished with green onions for a very tasty meal. Thanks so much for sharing a recipe that has gone into my keeper box.