Recipe by Chef mariajane
This is just an old-fashioned cake recipe that comes with a whole lot of flavor - I'm sure everyone will enjoy it!!
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted cake flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 13 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a medium bowl, lightly combine the milk, eggs and vanilla.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients, and mix on low speed for 30 seconds to blend.
- Add the butter and half the egg mixture. Mix on low speed until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Increase to medium speed and beat for 1 minute to areate and develop cake structure.
- Scrape down the sides. Gradually add the remaining egg mixture in 2 batches, beating for 20 seconds after each addition to incorporate the ingredients and strengthen the structure.
- Scrape down the sides, then scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface with a spatula. The batter will be almost 1/2 -inch from the top of a 4-cup loaf pan. (if pan is smaller, use excess for cupcakes).
- Bake 55-65 minutes or until a wooden tothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover loosely with buttered foil after 30 minutes to prevent overbrowning.
- The cake should start to shrink from the sides of the pan only after removal from the oven. Let the cake cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes and invert it onto a greased wire rack.
- If baked in a loaf pan, to keep the bottom from splitting, reinvert so that the top is up and cool completely before wrapping airtight.