1 hr 20 mins
Perfectly moist pound cake, great flavor. Takes a bit of time but is so worth it! Tested and approved! You could try to make a lower calorie version, replacing butter and margarine for lower fat products and sugar for Splenda, BUT I don't know how it turns out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven at 350°.
- 2At low speed cream butter, margarine, and sugar during 30 minutes (sound like a lot but trust me -- it's the key to the texture, meanwhile prepare the rest of the ingredients).
- 3Add the yolks to the mixture one by one, until they are incorporated in the mixture.
- 4In a separate bowl mix orange juice, vanilla and rum.
- 5Sift flour and baking soda, together.
- 6Alternating add to the mixture the flour and the juice.
- 7Add about a spoonful of flour to the raisins and cut them a bit, this will avoid to have raisins only at the bottom of the cake ;-).
- 8Set aside, and beat the egg whites until they are fluffy but not totally firm.
- 9With a wooden spoon mix the whites into the mixture.
- 10Pour into the mold (previously greased and floured) and spread it around leaving a small depression in the center, this way when it grows during baking it won't curve up.
- 11Bake for 35 minutes or until it is golden and the cake has separated from the mold.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.9
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 68.1 mg
- Sodium 171.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 3.4 g