This recipe is from my FIL. It's very simple to make, and it's delicious. My family loves it topped with cheese and crumbled bacon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to just cover them.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 3Cook until fork-tender.
- 4While potatoes are cooking, saute celery and onions in margarine in a separate pan until both are tender and onion is translucent.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Drain the water from the potatoes until only 4/5ths of the potatoes are covered.
- 7Mash a few of the potatoes and mix them with the rest of the soup to thicken.
- 8Add evaporated milk, celery, onion, salt and pepper.
- 9Heat on medium until heated through.
- 10Serve hot.
- 11****Maybe topped with shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, and green onion*******.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.8
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.3 mg
- Sodium 726.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 9.1 g