Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from my FIL. It's very simple to make, and it's delicious. My family loves it topped with cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to just cover them.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook until fork-tender.
- While potatoes are cooking, saute celery and onions in margarine in a separate pan until both are tender and onion is translucent.
- Set aside.
- Drain the water from the potatoes until only 4/5ths of the potatoes are covered.
- Mash a few of the potatoes and mix them with the rest of the soup to thicken.
- Add evaporated milk, celery, onion, salt and pepper.
- Heat on medium until heated through.
- Serve hot.
- ****Maybe topped with shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, and green onion*******.
I made this for dinner and it turned out real nice! I halved the recipe. Nice flavor and texture. Thanks Kzim!