Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Simple Comfort Food!!!!!!!!! You won't make it any other way after you try this recipe!!!
- 7 idaho potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (18 ounce) carton chicken broth (or enough to cover the potatoes)
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped garlic cloves (approx 4-5 cloves)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion (1 large onion)
- 1 cup chopped celery (4 stalks)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 cup buttermilk
- salt and pepper
- crumbled bacon, and shredded sharp cheddar for topping
- In a skillet,saute in the olive oil your onion and garlic along with half of the celery for 10-12 minutes. (you may use butter if you wish) Set aside.
- In a large pot, add the potatoes, chicken broth and cup of water. Bring to a boil stirring on occasion so that the mixture does not stick. When potatoes are tender, reduce heat to med low and add onion and garlic mixture to the pot. Chop parsley and add to the pot. Next, slowly add heavy cream and stir gently. Then add buttermilk and salt and pepper . (i like lots of pepper) Cook on med low for 10-12 additional minutes. Then serve topped with cheddar and bacon.