Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Its a really delicious dish with plenty of flavour, the spring onions just add that extra taste, easy to prepare and easier to eat!
- 500 g potatoes, pre cooked
- 1⁄3 cup spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, Boiled, Cold
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup salad cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, course black
- Cube potato and boil until cooked but not falling to pieces. leave to cool.
- Slice up the Spring onions thinly add to the potatoes along with seasoning.
- Mash the egg with a fork and add to the potatoes mix carefully then add the mayonnaise or salad cream to mix.
- Place in a dish and sprinkle with some paprika.
- Serve and enjoy.
- I double this recipe when we hae visitors.
Simple and easy with such great flavour's.
I used chives instead of spring onion, and use half mayo and half potato salad dressing (as I had some left over).
We loved this here, and DS especially really loved it, and he is taking leftover's to work......I have written in other review's if DS is a bit of a connoisseur of potato salad, and if leftover's go into a bowl for lunch next day....It must be good!
Thanks Joy, great recipe.
Very easy potato salad that tastes terrific! I loved not having all the chopping of onion, pickles, etc. to do and still have a great tasting salad. Do watch the potatoes carefully so they dont overcook and get mushy. Next time I will need to double the recipe because DH ate the majority of it. :) Thanks Joy for sharing this one with us! Made and reviewed for the Australian/NewZealand Forums Make My Recipe Reunion ~Australia Day Tag Game~.
I use the same recipe, but use 1/2 cup mayo and 1/2 cup of sour cream(+/-) and a tablespoon of Mrs. Dash original spice. Yum