Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is the salad I'm always asked to bring to every picnic and barbecue.
Make and share this Perfect Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Bring whole potatoes to a boil in a large covered pan. Boil for 25 minutes.
- Drain potatoes well and peel while still warm.
- Quarter and dice potatoes (I dice mine a little larger then what I'd like because they break down a bit in the mixing and become the perfect size)
- Add potatoes to large salad bowl.
- Add diced celery, onion and dill pickle.
- Combine mayonnaise through salt in a small mixing bowl to make the perfect potato salad dressing.
- Stir the dressing into the potato mixture.
- Add chopped eggs.
- Stir well.
- Cover potato salad and place in the refrigerator for a good hour to allow the potatoes to meld with the flavors of the other ingredients. It will be worth the wait!
I haven't put pickles in my potato salad for years. I swapped it out for bacon once and never went back, but we really enjoyed them again with this recipe. I guessed on the mayo and got a little too much for my taste, but I'll just be more careful next time. :) I did love how quickly this recipe came together and I was able to do it easily on a weeknight. Thanks for sharing, good2bdunn! Made & enjoyed for Pick-A-Chef Spring 2011. You've been adopted! :) http://www.food.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=352458&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0