Recipe by dereynolds76
An easy potato salad that has a zingy sauce and always gets recipe requests.
Top Review by M. Joan
I love potato salad and have a couple recipes I like to make. I'm adding your delicious recipe to the mix. I did cut back a bit on the sugar and used fresh minced onion. Thanks, dereynolds76, for a very tasty dish!
- 8 medium red potatoes (skin on and cubed)
- 4 -5 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (reg or light but not salad dressing)
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream (regular or light)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar or 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the potatoes in a pan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil; cook until tender for about 15- 20 minutes.
- Drain and cool potatoes. Put in a bowl with the eggs.
- Combine remaining ingredients together; pour over potatoes and eggs and mix throughly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours but highly recommend overnight so flavors blend.
- **To serve place salad in pretty glass lettuce lined bowl. Garnish with additional egg slices and sprinkle with paprika.**.