1/6 Photos of Perfect Potato, Leek and Onion Soup With Garlic Cheese Toasts
CHILI SPICE's Note:
Comfort food at it's finest! This creamy, flavor-full soup is perfect to curl up with on a cold day or any time of year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large leeks, sliced (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 1/2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 7 1/2 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
GARLIC CHEESE TOASTS
- 2Heat 4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil in a heavy large pot over medium-low heat. Add leeks, potatoes, and onion. Saute until onion is tender, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes. Add broth and bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until all vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Working in batches puree cooled soup in a blender ( or use a hand emulsifier in the pot). Return puree to pot. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Refrigerate uncovered until cold. Cover and keep refrigerated).
- 3GARLIC CHEESE TOASTS:.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 5Stir olive oil and garlic in a small skillet over low heat until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute; remove from heat and cool. Add cheese to garlic in skillet; toss and combine. Arrange bread slices on baking sheet. Spoon cheese mixture onto bread slices, dividing equally. Bake toasts until cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
- 6Bring soup to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently. Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle generously with chives. Serve with the garlic cheese toasts.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Potato, Leek and Onion Soup With Garlic Cheese Toasts
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.3
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.8 mg
- Sodium 507.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 20.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: