Recipe by Manda
I got the basis for this recipe from a friend and tweaked it a bit to fit my taste. There's just something about these potato cakes that makes them better than the best!! I think its a combo of the bread crumbs and the butter flavor Crisco. All I know is these are super for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a snack! I love 'em! And they are so easy!!
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Butter Flavor Crisco, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything together except Crisco.
- Melt Criso in large skillet about 1/4 in.
- Drop potato mixture by heaping Tbsp.
- into hot Crisco.
- Flip when edges appear lightly browned (about 2-3 min.), then cook other side until lightly browned Drain on paper towel.