Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Quick and easy in the crockpot. A juicy roast with potatoes, carrots and onions. I like to thicken the pan juices with cornstarch to make a tasty gravy to serve with this meal.
- 2 lbs beef roast
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby carrots
- 1 large onion, quartered and pulled apart
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope dry vegetable soup mix (I use Knorr)
- Place roast into crockpot and surround with vegetables.
- Combine beef broth and vegetable soup mix, then add to crockpot.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6-8 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours.
The vegetable soup packet made this come out tasting sort of artificial (I even used Knorr).
The roast turned our tender and delicious. I followed the recipe exactly. It was very flavorful and the broth made wonderful gravy.
This is incredibly good and so simple to prepare! I loved that the gravy was not too heavy or salty, yet very flavorful. I don't think I've ever enjoyed the taste of the potatoes in a pot roast recipe as I did with this one. I did dust the roast with flour, salt, and pepper and browned it before placing it in the slow cooker. I was afraid the gravy would get too runny, and the flour would help thicken it, but I'm not 100% sure if it was required. Highly recommend this - thanks for sharing!