Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Quick and easy in the crockpot. A juicy roast with potatoes, carrots and onions. I like to thicken the pan juices with cornstarch to make a tasty gravy to serve with this meal.
- 2 lbs beef roast
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby carrots
- 1 large onion, quartered and pulled apart
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope dry vegetable soup mix (I use Knorr)
- Place roast into crockpot and surround with vegetables.
- Combine beef broth and vegetable soup mix, then add to crockpot.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6-8 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours.
The vegetable soup packet made this come out tasting sort of artificial (I even used Knorr).
The roast turned our tender and delicious. I followed the recipe exactly. It was very flavorful and the broth made wonderful gravy.
So easy and delicious! I used a 1.7ish lb tri-tip (biggest one the store had at that time). Cooked it on low for 7 hours, which was plenty of time. I ended up only using about 2 russet potatoes, because 4 produced too much. If you like your veggies to be a bit firmer, I'd all them later or reduce the cooking time - mine turned out VERY soft, which I like, so it was OK but I can see some people finding them too mushy. I also seasoned with salt and pepper at the end. So simple and amazing! Will definitely make again.