Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Quick and easy in the crockpot. A juicy roast with potatoes, carrots and onions. I like to thicken the pan juices with cornstarch to make a tasty gravy to serve with this meal.
- 2 lbs beef roast
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby carrots
- 1 large onion, quartered and pulled apart
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope dry vegetable soup mix (I use Knorr)
- Place roast into crockpot and surround with vegetables.
- Combine beef broth and vegetable soup mix, then add to crockpot.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6-8 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours.
The roast turned our tender and delicious. I followed the recipe exactly. It was very flavorful and the broth made wonderful gravy.
The vegetable soup packet made this come out tasting sort of artificial (I even used Knorr).
This is incredibly good and so simple to prepare! I loved that the gravy was not too heavy or salty, yet very flavorful. I don't think I've ever enjoyed the taste of the potatoes in a pot roast recipe as I did with this one. I did dust the roast with flour, salt, and pepper and browned it before placing it in the slow cooker. I was afraid the gravy would get too runny, and the flour would help thicken it, but I'm not 100% sure if it was required. Highly recommend this - thanks for sharing!