Recipe by Roxi
Super easy foolproof recipe for making a hearty & satisfying pot roast in your slow cooker.
- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 8 ounces of peeled baby carrots
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 ounce dry onion soup mix
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- You'll need a 7 quart crock pot. Place the roast in the pot. You can dredge it in flour and brown it first but I don't bother. Add the potatoes, carrots, and onions, in that order. Sprinkle the onion soup over top and then dot with the mushroom soup. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste, and pour in the water. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours. If I can, I like to stir after about 4 hours, to mix the gravy. Otherwise you can stir it before serving. Makes it's own gravy which I find to be thick enough. I hope you enjoy this as much as my family does.