Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is primarily for the pork rub, which is sooooo good.
Make and share this Perfect Pork Roast recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 -4 lbs pork roast or 3 -4 lbs pork shoulder
- 3 -4 large red potatoes
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups carrots (or both) or 1 1⁄2-2 cups green beans (or both)
- Preheat oven to 350f.
- Mix all spices and oil together. If needed, add more oil to produce a thick molasses-like consistency. Rub mixture on roast and place in roasting pan. Cover with foil and bake approximately 30 mins per pound until internal temperature is at least 165f.
- About an hour before it's finished, add a little water to the bottom of the pan and add lightly seasoned (salt/pepper/oregano), cut potatoes and carrots or green beans. Do not cover the vegetables with the water. Do recover the roast with foil to avoid drying it out.