1/1 Photo of Perfect Popovers
I know there are a lot of recipes for popovers on 'Zaar, in fact I have three other popover recipes listed, but these came out perfect for me (puffed up very high) and I didn't even have to pre-heat the popover tins either! I did use popover pans though and if using popover or muffin tins it is very important only to fill them halfway. Recipe source: local newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450-degrees F.
- 2Grease a 6-cup popover pan (or use muffin tins)--very important to grease pan very well. I don't think Pam is good enough - I used both Pam and butter to grease the tins.
- 3In a mixing bowl or large measuring cup whisk together flour and salt.
- 4In another mixing bowl or large measuring cup (I used a 2-cup measuring cup), whisk milk and eggs together until blended.
- 5Add egg/milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring well with a whisk. (If you use the large mesuring cup (mine was 4-cups) it is very easy to pour into the popover tins.).
- 6Pour batter into the prepared popover cups.
- 7Bake for 15 minutes.
- 8DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR WHILE POPOVERS ARE COOKING.
- 9Reduce heat to 350-degrees F and bake 20 minutes more.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Popovers
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.6
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 234.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 5.5 g