I know there are a lot of recipes for popovers on 'Zaar, in fact I have three other popover recipes listed, but these came out perfect for me (puffed up very high) and I didn't even have to pre-heat the popover tins either! I did use popover pans though and if using popover or muffin tins it is very important only to fill them halfway. Recipe source: local newspaper.
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees F.
- Grease a 6-cup popover pan (or use muffin tins)--very important to grease pan very well. I don't think Pam is good enough - I used both Pam and butter to grease the tins.
- In a mixing bowl or large measuring cup whisk together flour and salt.
- In another mixing bowl or large measuring cup (I used a 2-cup measuring cup), whisk milk and eggs together until blended.
- Add egg/milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring well with a whisk. (If you use the large mesuring cup (mine was 4-cups) it is very easy to pour into the popover tins.).
- Pour batter into the prepared popover cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR WHILE POPOVERS ARE COOKING.
- Reduce heat to 350-degrees F and bake 20 minutes more.
- Serve immediately.