Serve on buttered toast for a "regular" Sunday breakfast or make Eggs Benedict or Eggs Florentine for a "special" occasion! The eggs should be cold & as fresh as possible.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of vinegar into the poaching water.
- Crack open eggs one at a time, into a small bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil, then reduce temperature.
- When water reaches a gentle simmer, pour egg into a ladle.
- Gently transfer eggs into simmering water.
- The egg whites will coagulate instantly & the vinegar will change the pH level of the poaching water.
- Poach the eggs for 3 minutes spooning the simmering water over the eggs.
- When the whites become opaque and feel firm to the touch they are done.
- Gently remove eggs with a slotted spoon and lay them on sheets of paper towel to dry.
- Serve immediately.