1/5 Photos of Perfect Poached Eggs
Serve on buttered toast for a "regular" Sunday breakfast or make Eggs Benedict or Eggs Florentine for a "special" occasion! The eggs should be cold & as fresh as possible.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour 2 tablespoons of vinegar into the poaching water.
- 2Crack open eggs one at a time, into a small bowl.
- 3Bring the water to a boil, then reduce temperature.
- 4When water reaches a gentle simmer, pour egg into a ladle.
- 5Gently transfer eggs into simmering water.
- 6The egg whites will coagulate instantly & the vinegar will change the pH level of the poaching water.
- 7Poach the eggs for 3 minutes spooning the simmering water over the eggs.
- 8When the whites become opaque and feel firm to the touch they are done.
- 9Gently remove eggs with a slotted spoon and lay them on sheets of paper towel to dry.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Poached Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (430 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.1
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 71.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.2 g