Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came from a Taste of Home cookbook. It's my all-time favorite pie! It shocks the taste buds. Be sure to have a piece while it's still warm!
- In bowl, combine first 6 ingredients; pour into pastry shell.
- For topping, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cut in margarine until coarse.
- Sprinkle over plums.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 60 minutes or until golden brown.
- (May need to cover crust edges with foil during baking to prevent burning.).
This was wonderful! I'll make it often. I did use 5 cups of black plums (about 10 avg size) and added appz 1/4c quick oats to the topping. Thank you for posting PuglyDuckling
This pie explodes in your mouth! Tastes like a Sour Patch Kid pie. Made with small, fresh plums from my dad's house. Served with whipped cream. I made one pie with sugar, as the recipe stated, and another with Splenda. They were equally delicious. Great recipe I will use year after year to use some of the plums on my dad's property. Thanks!
Excellent pie...warm or at room temperature. Serving with vanilla ice cream is a must! Recommendation: Place filled pie on cookie sheet prior to placing in oven (in the event that juices overflow). I used more than 4 cups of plums for the pie. Will make again!