Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
My mother makes this and it is fantastic-- I've made it a couple of times and found it to be easy to make. We like it for breakfast on Christmas morning.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil (can substitute with applesauce)
- 3 eggs
- 2 jars plum baby food
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts (optional)
- In large bowl, cream together sugar, oil, eggs and plum baby food.
- Blend in vanilla and red food coloring.
- Add flour, salt, ground cloves, baking soda, cinnamon.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Bake in greased bundt pan for 50 minutes to an hour at 325F.
- Let cool before attempting to dislodge.