Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Every great pizza starts with a soft-on-the-inside, crispy-on-the-outside homemade crust. This is a fantastic recipe for just that!! This recipe makes enough for two pizzas, which is good, since you'll find one isn't enough!!
- 1 cup very warm water (120-130F)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 3 1⁄4-3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure 100% olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine water, salt and yeast. Add 1 cup flour and mix with a wooden spoon until a loose batter forms. Add another 2 cups flour and mix a few minutes more, until a ragged batter forms. If dough feels too stiff, add more water, 1 tablespoons at a time, up to 1/3 cup.
- Knead for 6-8 minutes on a countertop dusted with 1/4 cup flour or place in the bowl of an electreic mixer using the dough hook, until flour is incorporated and dough is smooth and firm. If dough feels sticky, add remaining 1/4 cup flour.
- Shape into a ball and transfer dough to a deep, oiled bowl. Turn dough over a few times until well coated in oil. Cover loosely with plastic wrap or a tea towel (if making ahead, you can refrigerate overnight at this point). Allow dough to rise in a warm place for 2 hours until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough and divide evenly into 2 pieces. On a well-floured surface, roll each crust to a 12-inch circle, about 1/8-1/4 -inch tHICK.
- HOW TO GRILL PIZZA: Lightly oil a clean grill and heat to medium.
- Have your sauce and toppings ready on a tray next to the BBQ as you will work quickly.
- Place crusts on the grill (you may have to do them one-at-a-time, depending on the size) and cook for 2 minutes, or until bubbly and rigid. Using tongs, turn crusts over.
- Divide the sauce and toppings over each crust, close the grill lid and cook until the cheese is bubbly and crusts are golden brown, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from grill and servce immediately.