1/3 Photos of Perfect Pizza Dough
My Private Note
large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 1/4 cup of the warm water in a small bowl.
- 2Stir in the sugar until dissolved, then sprinkle the yeast onto the surface of the water.
- 3Let the yeast float there for 1 minute, then stir it into the water.
- 4Let the yeast"proof" for 10 minutes.
- 5It should bubble a bit; if it doesn't, the yeast is outdated and inactive.
- 6Pour the yeast mixture into a large bowl, then stir in the remaining water and the olive oil, flour, and salt.
- 7With a wooden spoon, mix the dough until it forms a ball.
- 8On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for 10 minutes or until it is smooth and elastic.
- 9Coat the inside of a large glass or ceramic bowl with olive oil.
- 10Press the ball of dough into the bottom of the bowl, then flip it over so the oiled side is on top.
- 11Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, then let the dough rise in a warm place until it has doubled in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 12Makes 1 1/2 pounds of dough.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Pizza Dough
Serving Size: 1 (482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1077.6
- Calories from Fat 383
- Total Fat 42.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2338.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 149.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 22.0 g