Recipe by Kit_Kat
Wonderful, chewey pizza crust. Makes one generous 16 inch pizza or 4 or more calzones.
Top Review by pattikay in L.A.
This is a wonderful crust and I plan to make it again. I made one large pizza and the crust was crispy on the outside and had a wonderful chewy texture and great taste. The dough was nice and responsive and easy to spread in the pan after it rose. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 1⁄2-4 1⁄2 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast, brown sugar in warm water; allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir in salt and olive oil.
- Mix in 3 cups of flour or enough to form a soft dough. Turn dough out onto a well floured surface and knead in more flour until dough is barely sticky to the touch.
- Place dough into a oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let dough rise until doubled, punch down and form into a tight ball. Allow dough to relax for 5 minutes prior to stretching and rolling into desired shapes.
- Brush lightly with olive oil, pierce with a fork all over dough and par bake crust at 425 for 5 minutes.
- Add desired toppings and bake for approximately 10 minutes or until desired level of doness is reached.
- Allow to cool for 4-5 minutes prior to cutting to allow cheese to set.