Recipe by Patricia Layman
This recipe makes a flaky, fail proof pie crust every time.
Top Review by Gay Gilmore
Easy to make and light and somewhat flaky. I just think that the shortening is a little lacking in flavor and burned a little too easily. Next time I might try half butter and half shortening.
- 3 cups flour (gold medal or robin hood)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Crisco
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend flour, Crisco and salt until crumbly (use a pastry blender).
- In a separate bowl, beat egg, add water and vinegar.
- Moisten flour mixture with this and separate into three sections.
- Roll out for single crust.
- This recipe makes three single crusts.
- Very flaky every time.