Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups shortening
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Mix dry ingredients and shortening in large bowl.
- Mix vinegar, whipped egg and ½ c water in small bowl.
- Combine both mixes into a ball.
- Divide into 5 portions and wrap portions not being used with foil and place in the freezer for future use.
- Each makes one pie crust.
This is the recipe I have used for years. It is so flaky & tender. Make sure the water is cold. I freeze mine in plastic bags. Bake in 350 degree oven for 15-18 minutes.