Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
I would like to consider this my perfect pie crust. After probably a million bad pie crusts making a million bad pies I finally did it! I made a tender and crispy pie crust. I hope you like it. ENJOY!
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups Butter Flavor Crisco, chilled
- 1⁄4 cup butter, chilled
- 1⁄2 cup ice water
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Cubed the crisco and butter into small pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, with a hand mixer, beat the flour and salt together on lower speed for about 30 seconds.
- Add the crisco and butter and beat on medium until the mixture becomes meally.
- Stir together the water, vinegar, and vanilla (optional).
- Pour in the water slowly until the dough comes together.
- Pour dough out onto plastic wrap and wrap.
- Refringerate for at least 30 minutes or up to over night.
- Use as needed.