Recipe by belkathy
This is a nice moist crust. Makes a top and bottom.
Top Review by baby e
Yay!!! this was the first pie crust that I've made that has ever turned out (I've made a few...) I was a little worried about it being too moist, but it rolled out perfectly and was so easy to transfer to the pan. It turned out flaky and delicious.
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons ice water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Using fingertips, rub in butter and shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add vinegar.
- Use a fork to mix in enough water to form moist clumps.
- Gather dough into ball, divide dough into two equal portions.
- Flatten each portion into a disk.
- Wrap each in plastic wrap, chill 45 minute.
- Soften slightly at room temp.
- before rolling out.
- Fill pie with filling of your choice and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes at 400 degrees.