1/22 Photos of Perfect Pie Crust
This is the recipe that I have used for more than 45 years. I always get compliments on how tasty and flaky it is.
My Private Note
pie she ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift measured flour and salt into a bowl.
- 2Pour oil into glass measuring cup and add cold milk to make 3/4 cup liquid.
- 3Pour liquid into bowl and stir with a fork to mix well.
- 4Stir until it forms into a soft ball.
- 5Save half the dough to use later.
- 6Roll remaining half of dough into circle between two sheets of wax paper.
- 7Peel off top layer of wax paper.
- 8Place pie pan upside down on top of rolled out dough.
- 9Slide hand under bottom wax paper with top hand lightly on pan.
- 10Flip pan, crust and wax paper over gently.
- 11Crust and wax paper will gently settle into pan.
- 12Then peel second wax paper off crust.
- 13Fit crust into pie pan, make standing rim, and prick with fork.
- 14I use pie weights to keep shell flat.
- 15Bake in oven 450°F for 8- 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Pie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.5
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 74.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.7 g