Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
I always love pico on my tacos/burritos and with chips, and decided that I would start making my own when my neighbor started handing over bucket loads of tomatoes out of his garden. To lessen the amount of juice in the salsa, drain tomatoes before combining with other ingredients. You can customize it to your own spicy desires, but it always seems to disappear when we have guests!
- 6 -10 ripe ripe tomatoes or 6 -10 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 finely diced garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup white onions or 1⁄3 cup green onion
- 1 finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 finely chopped serrano chili pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili pepper (optional)
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 4 ounces green chilies (drained)
- Combine all ingredients. To let flavors blend better, refrigerate overnight before serving.