1/2 Photos of Perfect Pickled Eggs
Perfect pickled eggs every time. A nice clean, store-bought look too! I often add a jar of these in my gift baskets. If you follow the directions, you should get a perfect peel every time. I buy organic, fresh eggs, hot-off-the-chicken from a local farmer in the morning and have jars of pickled eggs in the afternoon!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using an egg piercing tool or a needle, poke a hole in each egg shell at the fat/wide bottom of the egg. That is where the air sack is and by poking that hole the air is able to escape as it expands when it gets hot and you will avoid those ugly cracked boiled eggs.
- 2Add water and 1 TBL salt to a large pot and bring to a rapid boil. Use enough water so the eggs will be covered when added to the pot.
- 3Once boiling, pour approximately 3/4 cup of vinegar to the water. The salt and the vinegar will not effect the taste of the eggs in any way, they are just to facilitate the peeling of the eggs.
- 4Immediately start GENTLY dropping the eggs into the pot, being careful not to crack the shells.
- 5bring back to a boil and boil for 15 minutes.
- 6Drain and dump the eggs into a large pot of ice water. I use a large salad bowl for this.
- 7Once rapidly cooled down, crack shells and you should get a perfect peel.
- 8In the mean time, in a medium pot, mix together the vinegar, water,& 1 1/2 tsp salt, bay leaf and garlic.
- 9Bring to a boil over medium heat, lower temperature, cover& simmer for 5 minutes.
- 10Transfer the eggs to sterile containers, fill with hot vinegar mixture& seal.
- 11Allow to cool& then refrigerate for at least 2 weeks before serving.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Pickled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.6
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 944.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 6.3 g