Recipe by Clifford Boren
An old recipe that I tweaked quite a bit for more savory. Serve with a green salad or coleslaw. Spice amounts are for mild. Punch it up a bit if you like hot.
Top Review by TGirl,RN
This recipe was wonderful!! I loved every bite! The sweetness of the raisins is a nice contrast to the olives and capers-the combination of flavors were right on the money. I did add extra corn (alot extra) just because..well, I don't know why--I just did..and couldn't have been more pleased. This is a very forgiving recipe, also-I didn't realize that I was out of Worchestershire until it was too late, so I threw in a tablespoon of soy sauce, and it still tasted great, so I guess I didn't mess it up too badly! Thank you, Clifford, for one terrific recipe that I will be making MANY times in the future!! TERESA
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 (7 ounce) can Ortega green chilies
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup pimento stuffed olive
- 1⁄2 cup capers
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 1 cup chunky cut mushroom
- 1 cup red wine (real wine, not cooking wine)
- 1 dash oregano
- ground red chili pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onions in oil.
- Add peppers at the end.
- Add turkey and sauté until no longer pink.
- Add tomato and Worcestershire and stir until completely blended.
- When it boils, reduce heat to simmer and dump in all the rest of the stuff.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.