Recipe by nochlo
St. Louis style pizza!!!
Top Review by KateL
Intense flavor sensation, WOW! I also cannot buy Provel rope cheese locally, but saw Recipe#382006 and then elsewhere on the web people did without the Liquid Smoke by using smoked provolone. I took the "gourmet" tack shredding Cabot 3-year (white) cheddar, Applewood-smoked swiss, and imported smoked provolone in a 2:1:1 ratio. I used a personal pizza-sized pizza crust and did without the 4 minute baking as the crust had been prebrowned. Following the lead of my favorite local Italian restaurant, I glazed olive oil on the crust before spreading the pizza sauce. Can't wait to make this again, but sliding some sliced mushrooms under the cheese as well. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.
- 2 thin crust prepared pizza crust
- 12 ounces pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 lb pepperoni
- 4 ounces Provel cheese (use PROVEL cheese, see Provel Cheese (St. Louis)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 460 degrees.
- Put one of the crusts on the pizza stone in the oven for 4 minutes then remove.
- On pizza crust, apply 4 oz. of sauce (or how much you want) then add desired amount of pepperoni, and then top with the desired amount of cheese which I add about 4oz or so.
- Return to pizza to the oven on the stone and bake about 10 minutes or until cheese is all melted.
- Cut into squares and serve.