Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from the new Taste of Home Chocolate cookbook.Prep time includes chilling time.
Make and share this Perfect Peppermint Patties recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 -3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed)
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Combine first four ingredients in a bowl.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on waxed paper lined baking sheet.
- Flatten with a glass to 1/4 inch thick.
- Cover and freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a bouble boiler or microwave safe bowl,melt chips and shortening together.
- Dip patties in chocolate and place on wax paper to harden.