Prep 50 mins
Cook 3 mins
These are wonderful to serve at the very end of an elegant dinner, or just for noshing when you are in the mood for a breath of fresh air!
- In a bowl, combine first four ingredients.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Chill for 20 minutes.
- Flatten with a glass to 1/4".
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- In a double boiler or microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening.
- Dip patties and place on waxed paper to harden.
This recipe was just perfect. It made a wonderful christmas gift. I would suggest to not even flatten out the candies and just leave them as balls. It works out either way.
Easy to make and twice as easy to eat. My daughter gave them the thumbs up, so loves peppermint patties.
Made these with my kids for our some family guests. Everyone loved them, they were great! We keep them in the freezer and like to eat them while they are still cold.