Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made this recipe for Warkworth's Annual Perfect Pie contest - I got an honourable mention for the recipe! I use Beehive Golden Corn Syrup.
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 beehive corn syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups roasted pecans
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons havana club aged rum
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350 degress.
- Combine sugar and syrup in a pot. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Beat eggs and add a small portion of sugar/syrup mix to eggs. Add eggs to sugar/syrup mixture and stir quickly so as not to scramble.
- Stir in butter until completely melted.
- Add pecans, vanilla and rum, and stir until mixed well.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake for 45 minutes.