Recipe by AllThingsCooking
Finally a recipe that makes more than a few brownies. This recipe makes perfectly velvety smooth and chocolaty brownies!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 13x9-inch metal baking pan.
- Prepare brownies: On waxed paper, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat butter and chocolates over low heat until melted, stirring frequently.
- Remove saucepan from heat; stir in sugar.
- Add vanilla and eggs; stir until well mixed.
- Stir flour until well mixed.
- Stir flour mixture into chocolate mixture until blended.
- Prepare peanut butter swirl: In medium bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat peanut butter, sugar, butter, flour, vanilla, and egg until well blended.
- Spread 2 cups chocolate batter in pan; top with 6 large dollops of peanut butter mixture.
- Spoon remaining chocolate batter over and between peanut butter in 6 large dollops.
- With tip of knife, cut and twist through mixtures to create swirled effect.
- Bake brownie 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from edge comes out almost clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- When cool, cut brownie lengthwise into 4 strips, then cut each strip crosswise into 6 pieces.