Prep 12 mins
Cook 10 mins
I started out trying to perfect the peanut butter cookie. If you love peanutbutter, this is it, soft and chewy with crisp yummy edges!! Enjoy!
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until smooth, about 5-7 minutes on 2 with the mixer stand. Add in the peanut butter, mix until all blended.
- Add in eggs, one at a time and vanilla, beat for about 2 minutes on 2.
- In another bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and soda together. Then slowly add to the peanut butter mixture and blend well. Once you have it blended well, add in the other half of the flour.
- Line your baking stone or cookie sheet with parchment. Spoon 1.5 teaspoon of dough. Flatten a tad with a fork.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Enjoy!
Liked the taste, but they do not hold together well. Hard to eat a cookie if it falls apart in your hand. Wondered about the flour amount to peanut butter and then after making them realized that when I reduced the recipe from 36 cookies to 18 food.com said 1 3/4 cups divided in half was 1 CUP flour so beware! These are a bit cake like-maybe the baking soda does that? The first two cookie sheets I baked at 400 degrees and last cookie sheet reduced the oven to 375 and baked a bit more than 12 minutes. Next time I would roll them in sugar. Thank you Chef Luny for sharing.
I love peanut butter cookies, and while my sweetheart says they are great, I don't think I'll make these again. They have a very strong peanut flavor, but they weren't cooked in the middle after ten mins at 350 degrees (I got that temp from Mantatae's review, what is the right temp for this recipe?) I baked them for an additional ten mins and they seemed better, although by then they were a little dry for my tastes. Having twice as much peanut butter as flour also made them not hold together very well ... I'll keep looking for a peanut butter recipe that is lower fat.
I live in Malaysia and the Malay do not like real sweet cookies so these are the BEST EVER peanutbutter cookie for that. I, however being from the ol' USA love mine a little sweeter so I just rolled the dough in sugar before placing on the cookie sheet and in stead of flatening with my hand, I used the triditional method of crisscrossing the dough with the back of a fork before baking. This recipe didn't give an oven temp but I set mine at 350 degrees and baked them for 10 mins. They turned out beautiful and OH so good!! I didn't use the pecans, but used super chunky peanutbutter. :o)